Monday: NF Inspiring Photography- Catching light 
Tuesday:  NF Blo-Ma    
 Wednesday:  NF Digital Art Meme, DAM
 
      All.starts around 10.00h Stockholm time and please don´t confuse them as there are 2 of them and with NF Digital Art Meme on Bildverkstan
Be sure you link to the right one. One of each is always visible on the front page. Just scroll down to find yours.
Welcome
.

2012-10-21

NF Inspiring Photography #19 Afrodite




 NF Inspiring Photography #19
NF Inspiring Photography, a meme for creative and inspiring photography and photo art. Share the shots you were inspired to take or make. And then, this is the place to showcase them. To Inspire others and get inspired by them. But mostly, have fun. No themes in here, post everything that inspired you. And..... no need to have a fancy camera to join in.

So far this is a small meme, surely you have the time to comment on others. Thank you for participating.

 
click to enlarge
Afrodite NF Photo 121021    

I bought this little statue a while ago for the sole purpose of photographing it. But this one is truly white and almost impossible to get a good shot at. Tonight I thought I give it another try. I put it with a black background below the lamp over my sink. For this shot I used the White Balance setting for Shade and no flash. It gave me a rather nice color I think. The shot is not enhanced.

I set this post up early as I want to join in Mandarin Orange Monday. But linky will open at 9.00 as usual.

 
Regler finns i sidlisten. - For rules see the sidebar.
- -- 
Labels: NatureFootstep, nfphoto, foto, photography, natur, naturfoto, nature, fotoutmaning, photo challenge, Bildverkstan, photo manipulation, photo shop, art, konst, sweden, sverige, Monica Johansson, resor, travels, Katrineholm fotograf, bild, NF Meme, , , , ,

12 comments:

  1. Your Aphrodite statue is gorgeous with the glow from the lamp making it orange. I know that in the natural color it is also a beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that you did that...posting early for MoM. Thank you:))) She is a lovely statue and it was interesting reading about how you took the photo. And its nice to be able to take advantage of the glow that lamps give - so often i get glows where i don't want them (like my jewellery pics). She actually looks like she is glowing inside and the light has made her look like she is made of something soft, like wax, don't you think.
    A beautiful shot and thanks again for the special trouble you went to in order to join MoM:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely statue and image! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a stunning shot - the colour is perfect, and the shadowing is wonderful!

    I'll be back later to join in when the meme opens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent effect.It takes on an etherial feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Have a fabulous week.

    Liz @ MLC
    Liz @ YACB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I love the soft touch in this image. the golden skin looks so poetic.

    wish you a love week,
    isabella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Wonderful photo!!
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the golden light, and the shadows!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful shot!

    Visiting from Mandarin Orange Monday (MoM).
    My MoM entry
    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Afrodite statue is so beautiful! You have truly captured the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please write something. I usually responds to everyone on their own blogs. But nowadays I often find it impossible to comment on many blogs or on Google+. Often the word verifications is unreadable. And after three times I give up. Other times the systems seems to think I am a spammer. Lots of bloggers loose comments that way. :( So, if you don´t see me comment on your blog that is the reason.